Terms and Conditions for Personal Bookings
Payment Terms & Conditions for Personal Bookings (COVID-19 Policy)
- A non-refundable deposit of £70 per golfer is due within 7 days from booking date to secure a booking.
- We recommend that you arrange travel insurance to provide cover in the event that you are unable to play at your booked time or have to reduce the number of golfers, once green fees are paid.
- Remaining / full balances are due 30 days before the date of play.
- Failure to make the requested payment by the due date given will result in the booking being cancelled as we will assume that the provisional booking is no longer required and release the tee time.
- Payment should be made using the secure payment on the website booking portal or by the lead golfer, contacting the Customer Experience Team on +44(0)1241 802270 during office hours (third party payments will not be accepted).
- For any international payments, please note that you may need to contact your bank to inform them of the payment before proceeding to make payment.
- Payments made through the online system will require full payment, deposit only payments can be made via the Customer Experience Team.
- Once payment has been received, an official confirmation will be sent via e-mail.
- Bookings made with Carnoustie Golf Links by individuals are VAT exempt. VAT is payable on golf bookings not made by individuals e.g. by any third party or commercial concerns such as tour operators, hotels, corporate bookings etc.
- Bookings made less than 30 days but more than 14 days prior to date of play must be paid in full within 7 days.
- Bookings made less than 14 days but more than 3 days prior to date of play must be paid in full within 48 hours.
- Bookings made less than 3 days prior to date of play must be paid in full at time of booking.
Cancelation & Refund Policy (COVID-19 Policy)
- Cancellations received more than 30 days prior to date of play – there will be a £70 cancellation charge per golfer, or the booking can be rescheduled to an alternative date.
- Cancellations between 7 – 30 days before date of play – there will be a 50% cancellation charge, or the booking can be rescheduled to an alternative date.
- Cancellations received less than 7 days before date of play are non-refundable. The booking can be rescheduled to an alternative date.
- All reschedules will be honoured at the original rate and can be booked into a future date up to and including the 31st March 2024.
- We regret that we cannot offer refunds due to delayed or cancelled flights/travel plans, personal injuries or illness. We strongly recommend that all golfers have current travel insurance.
Terms & Conditions of Play for Visiting Golfers
- It should be noted that groups of less than four golfers may be paired with other golfers.
- Visitors must have a recognised handicap of 28 or less for men and 36 or less for women and should bring with them their current handicap certificate as these may be required prior to play. The same applies for Juniors and Juveniles. You can find our course handicap tables here.
- At Carnoustie Golf Links we are committed to a pace of play as indicated on your scorecards, which will ensure that everyone enjoys playing the course in a reasonable time. You can help us achieve this by playing from the tees that suit your ability and always being ready to play when it is your turn. We have our Course Marshals on the course to offer assistance and maintain pace of play. Please, as a courtesy to all golfers, do whatever is necessary to maintain your place on the course and keep up with the group in front of you.
- Medical Emergency Response Team (MERT) can be contacted on 01241 802299.
- We ask that golfers wear appropriate golf attire whilst on the course. Football or rugby tops are not permitted.
- Golfers should be aware of the Carnoustie Links bad-weather-policy.
Additional Winter Restrictions (Only applies between 2nd November and 25th March)
- Astro turf mats must be used to play from the fairways and semi-rough.
- Depending on weather conditions or works being conducted on the date of play, there is a possibility of playing on temporary tees and/or winter greens.
Use of and Booking of a Golf Buggy and/or Caddies
- All courses at Carnoustie Golf Links are walking courses, with a phenomenal caddie program. The caddie fee is £55 plus a gratuity which is at your discretion. It is strongly recommended that caddies are booked no later than 24 hours in advance. Every endeavour will be made to provide caddies that are requested on the date of play, but this cannot be guaranteed.
- Personal buggy use is not permitted. There are 2 buggies available for registered disabled golfers. You may apply for the use of a buggy; however, these are subject to availability. The buggy must be driven by a caddie and whilst there is no charge for the buggy, the caddie fee applies.
- If the tee time is subsequently changed then there is no guarantee of the buggy booking being carried forward.